Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kickoff






Wayne Spalding (Head Coach) was the emcee for the Team in Training kickoff at Wheeler Hall.








Last Saturday was the official kickoff day for the Team in Training (TNT) Winter 2010 teams at U.C. Berkeley. This was a day of first's for me starting off with being on the U.C. Berkeley campus...in spite of being a Bay Area native I had never had a reason to be on campus until now. Other first's...being part of TNT, joining a cycling team, having a personal fund-raising goal, committing myself to an official training program and training in the winter months (what was I thinking...haha). The kickoff was a little overwhelming at times with all the information being thrown at us but it was also inspiring to be part of this wonderful group of people with common goals.
I was fortunate to have a good friend of mine come along for support and to see the process that I was undertaking with TNT. She was also my unofficial photographer. The day consisted of many facets, from learning about the program to meeting with our individual teams and the expectations that TNT had for us. It was mainly a meet & greet...rah, rah type of an event to get us started and excited about the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment