Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bear and a Half

Today, against my better judgment I headed back to Orinda to ride 3 Bears with Sally. Since she wasn't able to make the team ride, she wanted to get some good hill work in this week...so we chose The Bears!

We didn't want to do Bear Creek Road twice (out & back), so our plan was to park one car in Orinda and the other in Martinez. We thought this was a great plan since time was limited for us to do a big loop. It was a gorgeous day and we didn't want to miss getting in even a short ride...so this seemed perfect!

As we finally headed onto Bear Creek and started up Papa bear...I realized I was over dressed for hill climbs! When I left the house it was still foggy, so I put on the winter gear. We have been under clouds for so long, I didn't anticipate to actually see the sun today! In my attempt to open my vest for better ventilation, I had an epiphany...I left my keys in Sally's car...oh crap!

We were midway through the bears by the time I had this realization. I checked every pocket in hopes I was wrong...no such luck. Sally was not pleased to hear the news either, however stopping to decide our plan of action was a welcome relief. We didn't have the time or desire to go all the way out and back, so we headed back up and over to Orinda.

It would have been a great plan if I wouldn't have forgotten an important element...the damn keys! We were glad we discovered it when we did, otherwise this could have been a very long and exhausting day. In spite of the abridged version of our ride, we were pleased with being able to ride a Bear and a half.


No comments:

Post a Comment