Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Larkspur Loop on March 5th



This was my first visit to Alpine Dam and up Mt. Tamalpias in Marin County. What an adventure and a great way to spend my birthday. Shhh…yes, it was my actual birthday. It was a team buddy ride weekend. My gift from the team was pain, suffering and harassment but still a beautiful day and adventure.



The weather was perfection, in the 60’s with no wind or rain. I was having a good ride tackling the first climbs up to the dam. However, on the decent I discovered that I had a screw loose (insert joke here)…haha! My back water bottle & cage was coming loose, it was crooked and interfering. This caused me to slow, and ride down into Alpine Dam holding a water bottle in my hand…not fun!



Thank you to my teammates Jon& Jim for re-configuring the cage with the one screw I had left. This comprised the cage and it really couldn’t hold any weight without creating problems. So I was down to one fill-able water bottle for the remainder of the ride.



The rest of the ride up Mt. Tam was a tough one over the Seven Sisters and especially into the visitor center parking lot. There, I popped a small wheelie…not my intent! It was a very steep grade and my lighter bike and lack of proper position created the OMG moment…yikes! I don’t recommend this on a road bike:) Obviously, I still have A LOT to learn. But mission accomplished…I rode all the way to the top of Mt. Tam!!!



The view from the top of Mt. Tam was truly a breath-taking gift...so far, the best I've seen in the Bay Area. It was a spectacular day to spend with friends old & new as I tackled another great ride! Having it be on my birthday made it that much more memorable:)

No comments:

Post a Comment