Thursday, March 11, 2010

Novato Send Off


The team gathered in Novato on Saturday for the send off ride and gathering. I thought it was a great place to have a final team ride since this area was where we rode with our coaches for the first time very early in the season. It was a wonderful gauge to feel how far we have all progressed through the season. This time I knew my gears, my bike and myself as I effortlessly rode over that first hill that caused me so much anguished and concern early in my training. It was a fun ride to enjoy the scenery and reflect a little. My ride group also had a interesting experience by having our pace line joined by a local Norweigen fisherman...with all his fishing gear attached to his bike! We were laughing at how this guy made what we had trained for all season look so easy!



After the ride we all gathered at the school for our official send off...to the Solvang Century! Some of our honorees where there to talk, support and inspire us to our goals. This was the day where it became very real, that I was about to complete our first century! We received our ride packet and new jerseys. The talks, the awards and the team atmosphere was very encouraging. We laughed and had fun but it was also bittersweet to know that my season was coming to a close with my wonderful team that has become like family for me. This was the beginning of the build to our one last challenge as a team...The Solvang Century!



Can I get a GO TEAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment